Saturday 15 August 2015

Game Report 14.08.15 50SS Jack Daw vs Tara

Game report - 14.08.2015

50SS Jack Daw (daniello_s) vs Tara (Mike)

Deployment: Flank Deployment

Strategy: Extraction
Schemes: ALITS, Assassination, Breakthrough, Plant Explosives, Power Ritual

Mike brought:
Tara
(7SS pool) - Obliterate Symbiote, Knowledge of Eternity, Spare Parts

Karina - The Faces of Oblivion
Mortimer - My Favorite Shovel
Bete Noire - Decaying Aura 
Punk Zombie
2x Canine Remains

I took:
Jack Daw (4SS pool) - Twist and Turn, Writhing Torment, 3x Injustice
Malifaux Child 
Drowned
Nurse
Ama No Zako
The Guilty
The Hanged
Sue
 

Mike picked:: Breakthrough (announced) and Plant Explosives
took: Power Ritual and Breakthrough (both announced)

Second game with Jack Daw, Mike's first game with Tara. Also my first game when I play Extracton. We knew we will make lots of mistakes but I didn't know that most of them will be mine :D


Table setup:


Deployment (Jack Daw had to deploy first):


Turn 1
Generally both crews moved towards the centre of the table. Canine Remains moved along Tara's right flank, Ama No Zako did the same on her right flank. Guilty made Sue tormented and moved along left flank.
Karina summoned Drowned and Tara summoned Guild Autopsy. Drowned tarpit Nurse and my Dronwed near the centre. 
I made my first mistake this game - I decided to deal with Drowned when I should leave him alone. He died which allowed him to drop scheme marker near my models and claim 3VPs to Tara for Plant Explosives.
My second mistake was a poor placement of Sue which influenced the game heavily in the following turns.
Autopsy died which allowed Bete to unbury and charge Jack hurting him (4 damage).

 
Upkeep phase - Tara: +3VP Plant Explosives; Score after turn 1: Jack Daw 0 - Tara 3

Turn 2
Tara's crew started to spam corpse markers so I knew I had to act fast with Sue and remove those as quick as possible but instead doing that I made a second mistake - I decided to gun down Guild Autopsy instead of moving forward with Sue so I could clip Mortimer with Sue's action. Also I realized that although Jack can borrow 1AP action from tormented model but he can't declare any triggers... Lesson learnt hard way.
Punk Zombie died which added another corpse marker near Tara. Nurse paralyzed Bete and Canine.
Then I made third mistake - instead of moving Ama along the table edge and drop scheme markers for Power Ritual and Breakthrough I decided to move towards the centre.
At the end of the turn Tara has reactivated and summoned Rogue Necromancy who attacked Jack wounding him.




Upkeep phase - Jack Daw +1VP Strategy; Tara: +1VP Strategy; Score after turn 2: Jack Daw 1 - Tara 4

Turn 3
Tara won initiative and activated first. She made Nurse slow which allow Necromancy to take free swing at Jack which killed him. She also made Necromancy and Bete fast.
I run away with Amaand made another mistake - I forgot to cast Miasma so the terrain around her would be severe. Because I didn't do that fast Necromancy was able to move and charge her.
Guilty and Canine exchange the blows in the corner.
I decided to defend the middle section to claim as much VPs for strategy as possible. Bete moved and charged Sue paralyzing her leaving her on last wound.
At the end of the turn Tara made Sue slow killing her.
The game was over for me at this stage.




Upkeep phase - Jack Daw +1VP Strategy; Tara: +1VP Strategy; Score after turn 3: Jack Daw 2 - Tara 5
  
Turn 4
Guily killed Canine and moved to drop scheme marker for Power Ritual.
I tried to neutralize killing zone in the middle so Nurse made Bete +2Wk which Mike used to run Bete towards my scheme marker so he could remove it next turn. I walked Malifaux Child twice in futile effort to tarpit Bete.
Ama tried to disengage from Necromancy and flipped Black Joker so for last AP she struck at it with weak damage.
Tara to summoned another Rogue Necromancy.

 

Upkeep phase - Jack Daw +1VP Strategy; Tara: +1VP Strategy; Score after turn 4: Jack Daw 3 - Tara 6

Turn 5
Nurse and Hanged died. Tara died also.
Bete removed my scheme marker.





Upkeep phase - Jack Daw +1VP Power Ritual; Tara: +1VP Strategy, +3VP Breaktrough

Final Score: Jack Daw 4 - Tara 10
 

Few comments after the game:
-  I need to learn how to efficiently assign Cursed upgrades to enemy models. So far I'm doing this poorly :D
- Malifaux Child - barely did anything this game but again I think I haven't use her well. 
- Sue - I like her (Sue is a girl in my crew :D). She is great against Ressers and adds a lot of damage and defence abilities to the crew. No wonder she is my core model in Viks crew.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment