Monday 17 October 2016

Game report 16.10.16 50SS Leveticus vs Seamus

Game report - 16.10.2016

50SS Leveticus (daniello_s) vs Puppet Seamus (Owen)

Deployment: Corner Deployment
Strategy: Interference
Schemes: Convict Labour, Leave Your Mark, Show of Force, Inspection, Public Demonstration

Owen brought:
Seamus (5SS pool) - Red Chapel Killer, Bag O'Tools
The Hanged
Rotten Belle
Madame Sybelle - Bleeding Tongue
Nurse
Necropunk
Carrion Emissary - Carrion Conflux

I took:
Levi (4SS pool) - Oathkeeper, To The Earth Return
(killing machine or at least believed widely to be still this kind of monster and Abomination summoner with the melee attack only)
Mechanical Rider
(summoner, scheme runner, Waif anchor)
Johana
(beat-stick, condition removal, Waif anchor)
Flesh Construct
(scheme runner; Waif anchor)
Soulstone Miner
(scheme runner)
2x Necropunk
(scheme runner)
Terracotta Warrior
(backup scheme runner, 'life insurance' for Minions/Enforcers, upgrade swapper for Levi)
2x Hollow Waif
(Levi's life insurance)

We both picked same schemes: Convict Labour and Leave Your Mark

Deployment: Seamus deployed first (Levi's crew at the bottom of the picture)



Turn 1
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- As usual first turn was about movement and positioning. I made sure I won't allow Seamus to have first turn kill and Owen made sure Levi will not harass his crew. Owen flanked me on both sides with Madame, Hanged and Belle on my right flank and Seamus, Emissary, Copycat, Nurse and Necropunk on my left flank
I shifted my models more towards centre and my right flank. Terracotta Warrior changed Levi's Pariah of Iron into Oathkeeper and put 'life insurance' condition on Mech Rider. I wasn't sure if I should do this but I unburied Soulstone Miner in far, top left corner of the table to distract Owen and threaten Necropunk and Nurse.




Upkeep phase:
No VPs scored by either side.

Score after turn 1: Levi 0 - Seamus 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Levi

Key actions/moments:

- Levi killed Mindless Zombie in melee summoning Abomination who was tar-pitting Seamus. Carrion Emissary killed Abomination which allowed Seamus to teleport in range to Soulstone Miner, focus and kill my construct by cheating damage with Red Joker.
- I pressed more on my right flank and Owen didn't decide to pick the fight and backed off Madame Sybelle, Hanged and Belle from my right flank. I was cool with that as I could easily claim this quarter for me especially since Rider could summon Arachnid this turn (I had 7 Tome on my hand).
- I dropped enough markers for Convict Labour this turn. Owen started to drop markers for same scheme as well.
- I unburied Levi to have juicy kill on Emissary if I win initiative next turn.
- Terracotta Warrior put his condition on Johana this turn.




Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Interference, +1VP Convict Labour
Seamus: +1VP Interference

Score after turn 2: Levi 2 - Seamus 1

Turn 3
Initiative: Levi

Key actions/moments:

- Levi activated first, burn Oathkeeper and... I blew the attack by forgetting to spent a stone for Ram so I couldn't use To The Earth Return trigger... Needless to say after all attacks Emissary was left on the last wound... Crap... Owen immediately re-positioned Emissary to keep him out of the trouble.
- Owen didn't want to pick the fight and played rather defensively which I used as opportunity to spread my models (Mech Rider summoned another Arachnid) and move closer to quarters occupied by Owen's crew.





Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Interference, +1VP Convict Labour, +1VP Levae Your Mark
Seamus: +1VP Interference, +1VP Convict Labour, +1VP Levae Your Mark

Score after turn 3: Levi 5 - Seamus 4

Turn 4
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- Owen realized I can try to deny him point for Interference but surprisingly he didn't decide to kill my model with Seamus but rather tried to use his Back Alley to jump into the other table quarter to keep it in this hands. Unfortunately (for him) I had enough models around (including Mech rider who summoned yet another Arachnid and Necropunk ready to Leap) to equal model count in one of his quarters.
- Levi killed Belle summoning Abomination in her place (with melee attack).


Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Interference, +1VP Convict Labour, +1VP Levae Your Mark
Seamus: +1VP Convict Labour, +1VP Levae Your Mark

Score after turn 4: Levi 8 - Seamus 6

Turn 5
Initiative: Levi

Key actions/moments:

- This urn was similar to the turn 4 - Owen tried to get a point for Interference but I was able to negate it with the my models.
- Game ended at this turn.






Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Interference, +1VP Levae Your Mark
Seamus: +1VP Convict Labour, +1VP Levae Your Mark

Final score: Levi 10 - Seamus 8

Few comments after game:
- Terracotta Warrior - he was mainly sitting in the back just be sure he is in 12'' and LOS from Johana and Rider and scoring points for Interference. I think this model will be good addition to Levi's crew and I'll use it quite often.
- Soulstone Miner - it is another model I don't use too often and it died fast during this game but I think it has good potential to be solid scheme runner and back up Waif anchor.
- Flesh Construct - he was nursing Waif and didn't do anything spectacular. I'm not really sold to this model but I'll give him another chance soon.

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment