Monday 3 October 2016

Autumn Awakening - 50SS Fixed Faction report - part 1

Autumn Awakening - 50SS Fixed Faction tournament - part 1

Last Saturday, which was 01 October, I was attending the 50SS fixed faction GG2016 tournament in Lisburn (Belfast).

We were playing 3 games with following encounters:

Round 1 - Collect The Bounty, Standard Deployment
Convict Labor, Hunting Party , Leave Your Mark, Frame For Murder, Inspection

Round 2 - Interference, Flank Deployment
Convict Labor, Take Prisoner , Exhaust Their Forces, Catch And Release, Occupy Their Turf

Round 3 - Stake A Claim, Corner Deployment
Convict Labor, Neutralize the Leader, Show Of Force, Search The Ruins, A Quick Murder

I decided to go with Levi although Neutralize the Leader in Round 3 would mean I'm giving away 3VPs almost freely but who cares ;)

As we had to play rather fast I couldn't take many notes and photos during the games so you must excuse me to leave rather brief report from second and third game ;)

Round 1

This round I was paired with Gavin, so my well known opponent. Gavin mentioned during our previous game that he wouldn't mind to play against Rider Levi in nearest future so I decided to give him this opportunity now and I used my usual Rider list:

Levi (4SS pool) - Oathkeeper
Hodgepodge Emissary - Conflux of Aetheral
Dead Rider
Pale Rider
Mechanical Rider
2x Hollow Waif

Gavin brought Neverborn Zoraida with this crew (I think I have remembered it correctly):

Zoraida (7SS)
Voodoo Doll
Bad Juju - Hexed Among You, Mimic's Blessing
Widow Weaver - Mimic's Blessing
2x Silurid
Waldgeist

Gavin picked Frame for Murder (Waldgeist) and Leave Your Mark.
I took Hunting Party and Leave Your Mark.

I deployed first (left side of the picture):


Turn 1
Initiative: Zoraida

Key actions/moments:

- Gavin moved forward with Waldgeist and one Silurid on my left flank and rest in the middle section/right flank
- I prepared an assault on enemy models on my left flank with Dead Rider and Pale Rider supported by Levi. Rest of my crew kept the safe distance. My hand was so bad this turn (highest 6...) that I couldn't even give a Trinket to one of my Riders...



Upkeep phase:
No VPs scored by either side.

Score after turn 1: Levi 0 - Zoraida 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Zoraida

Key actions/moments:

- Levi sacrificed his Waif to get into fire position on one Silurid and he killed him.
- Gavin used Hem on one of Waifs and killed here.
- Dead Rider and Pale Rider failed to finished off Walgeist and left him on the last wound.
- Mech Rider summoned Arachnid and stayed out of the trouble. Hooded Rider engaged Silurid who leaped into the centre of the table.


Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Collect the Bounty

Score after turn 2: Levi 1 - Zoraida 0

Turn 3
Initiative: Levi

Key actions/moments:

- Hooded Rider killed Silurid and Dead Rider finished off Waldgeist.
- Doll tried to Hem Hooded Rider but failed. Bad Juju charged him but was able to do small damage (damage reduction on Rider was already high).
- Widow Weaver and Pale Rider dropped scheme marker for Leave Your Mark.
- Mech Rider tried to attack Weaver but failed.
- Levi double walk and hurt Weaver for 2 damage.




Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Hunting Party, +1VP Leave Your Mark
Zoraida: +2VP Frame for Murder, +1VP Leave Your Mark

Score after turn 3: Levi 3 - Zoraida 3

Turn 4
Initiative: Zoraida

Key actions/moments:

- Dead and Hooded Rider killed Juju.
- Levi killed Doll. Zoraida focused and Obeyed Hooded Rider to kill last Waif (nasty trick ;)). That meant that on last turn Gavin would (possibly) get VP for strategy unless I kill Zoraida.
- Widow Weaver and Pale Rider dropped scheme marker for Leave Your Mark again.
- Mech Rider summoned another Arachnid, then attacked Widow Weaver but failed.
- As there was no Peon/Minion in Gavin's crew I scored another point for Hunting Party



Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Collect the Bounty, +1VP Hunting Party, +1VP Leave Your Mark
Zoraida: +1VP Leave Your Mark

Score after turn 4: Levi 6 - Zoraida 4

Turn 5
Initiative: Zoraida

Key actions/moments:

- Zoraida summoned Doll and braced for my attack. Widow Weaver dropped another marker for Leave Your Mark.
- I calculated quickly that if I drop marker for Leave Your Mark I'll win the game by one point so I could try to kill Zoraida (for pure fun).
Alternatively I could ignore her and kill Voodoo Doll to get point for Hunting Party and move Mech Rider closer to Gavin's scheme marker to negate him a point for Leave Your Mark but it wouldn't be that funny as trying to kill old witch, wouldn't it? ;))
So I tried to attack her with Paler Rider (who dropped final scheme marker and then hurt her), Hooded Rider and Mech Rider (Dead Rider was too far sadly) but I only bruised her heavily.
- Game ended this turn.




Upkeep phase:
Levi: +1VP Leave Your Mark
Zoraida: +1VP Collect the Bounty, +1VP Leave Your Mark

Final score: Levi 7 - Zoraida 6

It was a good game and we both enjoyed it a lot. Rider crew really fun to run although still I believe it is not very competitive crew.

TBC on part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment